LAFetFilmFest: OFFICIAL RULES
THE LOS ANGELES FETISH FILM FESTIVAL 2012
Welcome to the LOS ANGELES FETISH FILM FESTIVAL (the “Festival”).
Mail Submissions to: Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival, 6311 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 424, Van Nuys, CA 91401.
The showing of the winning films, including the finalist films, will take place in Los Angeles, California.
1. CONTENT OF SUBMISSIONS: This Festival is a celebration of fetish and individual’s interpretation and vision of the growing fetish movement in our culture. The Festival will not accept hardcore sexually explicit films or videos. Nudity is acceptable if used in a fetish context. Typical subjects of the fetish culture we are interested in include: food, clothing, shoes, objectification, lingerie, stockings, piercing, tattoos, body art, foot, toe cleavage, water, mummification, spanking and fetish design. Those who enter the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and the Judges. The Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submissions and it’s content for gratuitous violence and discrimination to gender and/or race at the sole discretion of the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival.
2. MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS: Each person entering the Festival may submit more than one film entry.
3. SUBMISSION TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Short entries for the Festival should be no longer than 12 minutes in running time, including opening titles and ending credits. Entries that are longer than 12 minutes in length will be taken into consideration by the director of the festival. Entrants are responsible for including opening and closing credits as part of their Entries. Entries that are not accepted into the Festival WILL NOT be returned. Any other running time will be reviewed by the Festival Director to determine it’s eligibility.
The formats accepted are: DVCam & DVD & and QT files of H.264 quality that may be emailed or sent on flashcards or drives. The emailed submissions cannot be accepted until the submission application and entry has been received. We highly recommend submitting on a FLASHCARD.
An entry fee of $30 dollars per submission must accompany the content submitted. All checks, money orders, USPO money orders must be made out to American Fetish Film, LLC. No acceptions.
You may enter multiple projects; each must have a separate submission application and entry fee. There is no limit to how many titles you may submit.
4. SPONSORS:The Festival is being sponsored by SKIN TWO and American Fetish, the motion picture (“AmFet”).
5. CO-SPONSORS: Co-sponsors (each a “Co-Sponsor”) will be identified on the official Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival website at http://www.losangelefetishfilmfestival.com.
6. GOVERNING LAWS: The Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival is governed by the laws of the State of California.
7. ELIGIBILITY:This Festival is open ONLY to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at the time of production of the entrant’s submission. Employees of the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and SKIN TWO and American Fetish Film, LLC are not eligible to enter the Festival. Organizations and companies can submit films if rules are strictly adhered to.
8. DEADLINES: All Entries MUST be received no later than September 25th, 2012 11pm Pacific Time. Entries will not be accepted after this date – NO EXCEPTIONS! Unless an extended deadline is announced.
9. JUDGING: The winners will be determined by the judges of the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival.
10. WINNER/FINALISTS: Finalists will be notified via email or telephone on or about October 1, 2012. For the purposes of this agreement, a voice message answering machine, a voice-mail box or an email sent to the email address specified in the applicable Entry materials shall be deemed notification. The Winners will be determined by the judges of the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA., on October 6, 2012.
Each Winner and Finalist will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. Each Winner and Finalist will be required to provide the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival with the Winner’s/Finalist’s social security or tax payer identification number for tax purposes. American Fetish Film, LLC may issue a form 1099-MISC to each Winner and Finalist.
11. PRIZES: The Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival reserves the right to substitute a prize for equal or greater value in its sole discretion. The prize will be awarded at the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival on October 6,2012 in Los Angeles, CA.
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $100
The Director’s Award: $200
The BLUE MOVIE AWARD: $100
Honorable Mentions: Gift certificates
9. REPRESENTATIONS; LICENSE: By entering the Festival, each Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Festival; (b) in entering and participating in the Festival, the Entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Official Rules and all applicable statutes, regulations, and other laws, including without limitation the requirements of 18 U.S.C. §2257, (c) the Entry consists entirely of the Entrant’s own original work in which the Entrant holds all rights, including without limitation copyrights, trademark rights, and rights of publicity, necessary for Entrant’s participation in the Festival and for American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO and Co-Sponsors’ use in connection with the Festival; (d) neither the Entry nor the duplication, distribution, display, performance, use, or other exploitation of the Entry will infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any individual or entity, including without limitation any copyrights, trademark rights, rights of publicity, or privacy rights; and (e) the Entrant will not use American Fetish Film, LLC’s or SKIN TWO or any Co-Sponsor’s name, trademark, logo or other information of American Fetish Film, LLC, or SKIN TWO or the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival’s or a Co-Sponsor in connection with the Entry or in connection with any other film, including without limitation in connection with the Entry’s promotion, performance (other than in the Festival), or commercial exploitation.
10. COMMERICAL USE: By entering the Festival, each Entrant grants to the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, right to edit, publicly display, perform, use the Entry in connection with the Contest.
11. TERMINATION: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify, the Festival at any time prior to the Decision Date for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud or technical or other difficulties.
12. ADVERTISING: By entering the Festival, each Entrant consents to the use by the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival for advertising, marketing or other purposes.
13. NO ENDORSEMENT: Nothing contained herein or in any of the Festival related materials should be construed as an endorsement by the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival or American Fetish Film, LLC or SKIN TWO or Co-Sponsors of the prize manufacturers, or any third party, product, or service.
14. WINNERS’/FINALISTS’ LIST; MAILING LIST: A list of Winners’ names (a stage name may be used) may be posted on http://www.LosAnglesFetishFilmFestival.com and may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival, 6311 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 424, Van Nuys, CA 91401.
A. LOS ANGELES FETISH FILM FESTIVAL and all accompanying materials are trademarked by American Fetish Film, LLC. Any action an Entrant, any third party or American Fetish Film, LLC, brings to enforce these Official Rules shall be brought in either the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and all Entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
B. BLUE MOVIE AWARD and all accompanying materials are trademarked by American Fetish Film, LLC. Any action an Entrant, any third party or American Fetish Film, LLC, brings to enforce these Official Rules shall be brought in either the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, and all Entrants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
16. VIOLATION OF RULES: Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Festival or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to American Fetish Film, LLC, SKIN TWO, the Festival or any other entrant (in each case as determined in American Fetish Film, LLC’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Festival.
17. ELGIBILITY: The Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC, and SKIN TWO reserves the right to prohibit participation in the Festival of persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Festival. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Festival, please contact Michael Simmons, President, American Fetish Film, LLC at email@example.com.
18. GOVERNING LAW AND WAIVER OF DAMAGES: Entrant agrees to convey, transfer, and give promoter, host, and festival all rights to submitted materials for the purposes of but not limited to fundraising activities and such fundraising activities shall be at the complete and total discretion, consideration, and full and complete authority of the promoter, host and contest in perpetuity.
19. FORCE MAJEURE: Non performance of any party shall be excused to the extent that performance is rendered impossible by strike, fire, flood, earthquakes, war, acts of terrorism, governmental acts or orders or restrictions, or any other reason where failure to perform is beyond the reasonable control, and not caused by the negligence of, the nonperforming party.
18. RELEASE, WAIVER and INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the festival (competition) entrants release and hold the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO and other cosponsors and all festival entities harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the festival (competition) or participation in any festival-related activity (including, without limitation, the removal from the site of or discontinuation of access to, any submission or other material), or resulting directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the festival (competition), including without limitation personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
The promoter, the host and contest entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of an entrant’s intellectual property rights, if any, respect to any submission or concept, reviews, material, video and/or other materials provided in connection with the festival (competition).
By entering the festival (competition), entrants release, waive any claims with regard to, and hold harmless the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO and all co-sponsors and festival entities from and against any and all claims of any kind that are or could be asserted with respect to any matter relating to the festival (competition).
Entrants further agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO and all co-sponsors and festival entities harmless from any and all damages, liabilities, fees and cost incurred in defending against any third party claims or threats of claims asserted against the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival and American Fetish Film, LLC and SKIN TWO and all co-sponsors and festival entities arising from any entrants participation in or conduct associated with the contest.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Festival, each Entrant releases and holds harmless the Los Angeles Fetish Film Festival, SKIN TWO and American Fetish Film, LLC and any and all Co-Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all responsibility or liability (including without limitation for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, such as compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, punitive, or other damages) arising out of or relating to: (a) the Festival or the showing of any film entered in the Festival; (b) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize; (c) any Entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (d) computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, hardware, or software malfunctions or failures; garbled or jumbled transmissions; or Internet or website accessibility or delays, including without limitation any malfunctions occurring while showing the Entries at any theatre; (e) printing or typographical errors in any Festival-related materials; or (f) any other technical or human errors occurring in connection with the Festival.